Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Facing Fears and Having Fun

For as long as I can remember I've had a fear of rollercaosters.  I enjoy small ones that don't go high and have no loops on them.  Yesterday me and my brother went to Six Flags with some friends and well, knowing that I'm going to be 20 (yeah, I'm old) soon and haven't faced my fear of rollercoasters didn't sit to well with me.  

My brother was so encouraging and he was probably the only reason I was able to usher enough courage to jump in line and go on two of the big roller coasters at Six Flags.  In the picture below the green rollercoaster, which is called Medusa, is one of the two I went on.  I'm just gonna come right out and say it,  I screamed my head off.  Not just screaming cause it was fun, my screams were screams of terror.  But Overall I think I liked it and I'm so proud of myself conquering one of my fears.


I also went on the high swings in this picture and that is also pushing my limits cause I don't like heights.    


My brother who like me has always had a fear of roller coasters conquered his fears too.  The first ride he went on was called the Daredevil and it went in one continuous loop.  It was one huge loop and it would linger at the top. I guess you can say my brother is a Daredevil to go on this ride.  My brother has the blue shirt on and I just love this shot I captured of his first big thrill ride so much.



I'm entering this shot in a contest and I had to crop it for a 8 x 10 print.  The theme for the contest is "In the Moment".  I think this shot captures the essence of that very well, what do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment